What is OPT?The one-time password is a random four to six-digit code generated by the system to carry on the login or transaction process. SMS OTPs are widely used for authentication and authorization of applications and websites. Likewise, SMS OTPs ensure the valuable information and data of the customers. That is why companies are approaching SMS as an important part of sending OTPs and delivering alert notifications. An SMS Gateway service is suitable for any business or organization, including dental clinics, banks, utility providers, shipping and logistics services, insurance companies, and online retailers. The major websites and applications that are using SMS OTPs for security and transactions are Facebook, Viber, Whatsapp, Amazon, PayPal, etc. Aakash SMS is a competent and leading bulk SMS service provider that offers SMS gateway API services to companies all over Nepal. Our SMS gateway service adds an extra layer of security to your customer’s data and information. Our gateway solution can efficiently deliver a large number of OTPs and text messages. Some of our clientele include Moru, Vianet, Subisu, Cell pay, Pay Nep, etc.
Benefits of One-Time PasswordsAllowing your customers to use an SMS OTPs demonstrates that your company values their privacy. It develops trust and understanding between the business organization and customers. SMS OTPs can be beneficial in many ways. Some of the major benefits are listed below:
- It becomes invalid after using it once, i.e., it cannot be used for the second time by you or any other person.
- They are secure and reliable.
- It is accessible from any location.
- It directly comes to the mobile number you have registered.
- It doesn’t rely on the internet or any other application.
- SMS OTPs are affordable and are delivered right on time.
How does OTP work?An SMS OTP is more secure and stable than an email OTP. A unique code must be entered to gain access to a website to make a purchase or a transaction. SMS-based OTPs are one of the most user-friendly and mobile-friendly authentication systems. The process involves a registered number and mobile phone. The process of SMS OTP work is:
- The interested users enter login information into the website or mobile application.
- The servers send the token code to the linked phone number.
- The users enter the code on the website or mobile application and access the platform.