Bulk SMS: What is it?Simply put, the phrase “bulk SMS Service” refers to any SMS communication that is delivered to a large number of recipients. Instead of utilizing an SMS API or an email to SMS provider, bulk SMS campaigns are often carried out using web-based SMS applications. To submit their cell numbers, type their message, and pick the day and time of their campaign, users just connect onto their accounts. Bulk purchases of SMS credits from the SMS provider, who often gives savings for bigger blocks of SMS credits, are made in order to conduct the campaigns. Instead of alerts or notifications, bulk SMS is typically used to refer to SMS marketing communications. For instance, sending appointment reminders to several recipients wouldn’t be considered a bulk SMS campaign. Bulk SMS would undoubtedly apply to a text message offer made to the patrons of a nearby pizza joint.
What distinguishes bulk SMS providers from one another most significantly, and what should I watch out for?Thank goodness, the business SMS market has some credibility. There were a lot of shady businesses that sent SMS messages over really subpar grey channels fifteen years ago. This would lead to either extremely poor delivery or significant delays. You’re unlikely to run into any of those businesses because almost all of them have since vanished or are buried on page 10 of Google for any SMS-related searches. Before registering with a bulk SMS website, there are still a few things you should look into.
Why is mass SMS so successful?Since the middle of the 1990s, bulk SMS has been a thing. Despite being exceedingly clumsy and simplistic, text messages are nonetheless incredibly successful at getting our attention. SMS appears to be beyond its prime when compared to contemporary texting services like Whatsapp and Imessage.
Why then do people still use bulk SMS and why is it still so effective?
- SMS is used worldwide.
- Sending and receiving SMS is possible on any phone ever created.
- You don’t need to decide which of the numerous messaging applications you’re going to use with your contacts, and there is no program to download or install.
- The only medium for communicating that is genuinely ubiquitous is SMS.
- Although competing texting programs like WhatsApp have become more popular, corporate SMS.
The greatest response rate of all marketing media is for bulk SMS.
- Compared to merely 12% for email (if you’re incredibly lucky), the open rate for SMS is 98%.
- 90% of text messages are read within 5 minutes, according to MobileSquared.
- According to Cellist, SMS response rates are 6-7 times higher than those for direct mail.
- When was the last time you actually ignored a text message? These statistics seem credible.